Terms & Conditions
Last updated 4/24/2020
These terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) describe your rights and responsibilities as they relate to your use of RapidSkills Generator at rapidskillsgenerator.org, including its mobile application (“RapidSkills Generator”). By browsing, accessing, and/or using RapidSkills Generator, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by these Terms, and have authority to agree on behalf of your organization or company. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use in any way RapidSkills Generator.
Modification of the Terms
As a condition of your use of RapidSkills Generator, you agree that you are not to engage in the following:
- Use RapidSkills Generator in any manner that violates any applicable local, state, or federal law or regulation, or that is prohibited by these Terms;
- Take any action, or use RapidSkills Generator in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the use of RapidSkills Generator or its contents, or interfere with any other person’s use of RapidSkills Generator;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological security measures on RapidSkills Generator, or attempt to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any RapidSkills Generator software; nor
- Publish, transmit or otherwise transfer, distribute, disseminate, aggregate, use as a component of or as the basis for content or otherwise use in any form or by any means any component of or content from RapidSkills Generator unless it complies with the requirements or licenses relating to RapidSkills Generator. (Please note that, as RapidSkills Generator was funded in whole or in part through a grant from the United States Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration, content concerning RapidSkills Generator may be licensed to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (“CC BY”) license. Please see our website for further information.)
As a condition of your use, you agree to do the following
- Provide, including change, through your use of RapidSkills Generator only information that you own or have the express authorization to provide or change on another’s behalf.
If you are using RapidSkills Generator on behalf of potential apprenticeship program providers, for the purposes of generating sample apprenticeship programs, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You have been granted express permission from those providers, whether individuals, organizations or companies, to use RapidSkills Generator on their behalf, including but not limited to, a) providing information that may identify them including their individual name, organization or company name, and email address and b) describing information about their work and workplace including, but not limited to, machines, tools, and/or software used to do work at their organization or company; reporting, supervision, and relationship structures within their organization or company; dependencies and work flows that influence their organization or company’s products, services and other offerings; and other specifics on how their organization or company operates;
- You have been granted express permission to grant RapidSkills Generator and its business and service affiliates’ rights and licenses to that information; you and your organization or company will indemnify and hold harmless the WIN Parties (defined below) from and against any Claims (defined below), asserted by any potential apprenticeship program providers or others based upon the use of RapidSkills Generator or other acts or omission hereunder; and you have the authority to so agree;
- WIN has the right to verify your authorization with all apprenticeship program providers whose data you provide or seek to provide through RapidSkills Generator, and
You acknowledge and agree that RapidSkills Generator is provided on an “as is” basis. Your use of RapidSkills Generator is at your sole discretion and risk. The Southeast Michigan Community Alliance, Inc. (including, without limitation, the Workforce Intelligence Network known as “WIN”), its business and service affiliates, and their respective boards, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “WIN Parties’) MAKE NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES. FURTHER, THE WIN PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING RapidSias Generator AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES CONCERNING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLES, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, AND FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR MALWARE. MOREOVER, THE WIN PARTIES MAKE NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES THAT THE USE OF APPRENTICESHIP SKILLS BUILDER AND ITS CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE ON THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. You understand and agree that any content, material, and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of RapidSkills Generator is used at your sole discretion and risk and that you and your organization or company will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such content, material and/or data.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the WIN Parties will not be liable to you, your organization or company or to any other person or entity for any claims, liabilities, losses, costs or damages including costs and attorney fees of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the use of RapidSkills Generator, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services (collectively, “Claims”). This is true even if the WIN Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. In addition, the WIN Parties are not liable for any Claims caused by the reliance on information obtained through RapidSkills Generator. The WIN Parties do not guarantee that RapidSkills Generator and its content will be free from error, defect, loss, delay in operation, viruses, interference, hacking, malware or other security intrusion, and the WIN Parties disclaim any liability arising therefrom or relating thereto. Notwithstanding other provisions of these Terms, if the WIN Parties are found to be liable to you, your organization or company for any Claims arising out of the use of, access to or inability to use RapidSkills Generator or any content provided by us or any third party, the WIN Parties liability shall in no event exceed two hundred dollars ($200.00 USD). You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy for any Claims against the WIN Parties.
You, your organization or company jointly agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the WIN parties from and against all Claims.